FlockNote Parameters & Expectations
Below are our Parish Flocknote Communications Standards. Please use these as a guide for your submissions so we can process your request as soon as possible. We know not everything fits perfectly in these standards. We can be flexible on some things, especially with enough notice, but please understand that these guidelines are to ensure the continued high readership rate of our Flocknote communication. This is meant to be a quick communication of key action items for events and other things taking place in our parish. The success of Flocknote is due to its brief content, easy-to-find key information, and attractive graphics.
- Please process info requests at least three weeks prior to desired share date.
- All posts are made in Spanish and English. (We handle translation.) If there are attachments these need to be in Spanish as well.
- Posts are 150 words or less. (Less is always better, we strive to keep most to 120 words or less.) If you have a lot of important information to share, we just ask for a small paragraph written, then we either include a link to more detailed information elsewhere or include a PDF attachment.
- Posts must be actionable in terms of growing in stewardship, community, or faith for the parish at large, not necessarily a place to communicate announcements that might otherwise be better suited for the bulletin, Facebook page or website.
- Weekly Flocknote emails will contain (ideally) a MAX of 5 items.
- Posts are shared in a warm conversational style. (We can take the info you send us and reword it to fit this style.)
- Graphics should be very minimal and a branded design.
- Graphics should be in a horizontal landscape format of 1200x600 or 6 x3.5. (We can make graphics, just ask that you please allow ample lead time for that.)
- To prevent Flocknote from becoming “stale”, we strive to not repeat the same content consecutive weeks.
- If you also want your event shared on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), be sure to mention that as well. If we are creating graphics, we can easily resize for these communications. If you are sending your own graphic, we will also need a square version (approx 1000x1000 px) for social media.