If you would like to serve our parish through the Celebration of The Mass, here are the opportunities available.
*Contact the parish office unless otherwise noted (402-721-6611 or [email protected])
Liturgy Committee - A planning, formation, and advisory group for parish liturgical celebrations.
Readers - Proclaimers of the Word of God and the Scripture passages at Masses. Archdiocesan orientation and mandation, as well as parish training and updating required.
EMHCs - Serve as sharers of the Body and Blood of Jesus at Mass. Archdiocesan orienttion and mandation, as well as parish training and updating required. EMCH's also have options of taking Eucharist to hospital, nursing homes, and to homebound.
Adult Funeral Servers - Assist in funeral liturgies. A special opportunity for retired persons. Contact: David Heywood 402-620-4039
Music Ministry (see Music Ministry under "Serve")
Opportunities related to weekend liturgies:
- Mass Coordinator - Gives help in preparing for Masses by setting out vessels and equipment needed, etc. Needed on Saturday from 4:30-6:30 pm and on Sundays from 7:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- Greeters - Welcome and respond to needs of people as they gather for weekend liturgies. Open to individuals and families.
- Ushers - Help in providing hospitality and a welcoming atmosphere; greet and seat people; gather people's monetary gifts at collection and for monthly extra collection for maintenance needs; making sure the worship area is back in order after Mass.
- Mass Servers - Training and assigning begins in the fourth grade through the school years for both girls and boys, having received first confession and Holy Communion. The primary role of the altar server is to assist the priest in the celebration of the liturgy during Mass. This is done through specific actions and by setting an example to the congregation by active participation in the liturgy (hymns, responses, etc.), by looking alert and sitting or standing at the appropriate times.
Servers carry the cross, the processional candle(s), hold the book for the priest celebrant when he is not at the altar, carry the incense and censer(when used), assist the priest when he receives the gifts from the people, wash the hands of the priest, assist the priest celebrant and deacon as necessary. Altar servers are on duty from the time they enter the sanctuary at the start of Mass until they finish cleanup after the end of Mass.
Liturgical Environment Needs:
- Artists - Help create designs, logos, artwork as needed.
- Handy Persons - Hang banners, build platforms, repair furnishings.
- Sewers - Help design, sew, and maintain vestments, banners, altar coverings and linens.
- Floral - Design, order, maintain flowers and plants in the worship space.
- Church Decorating - Help to create appropriate environment for liturgical seasons, major celebrations in the parish.